Monday, February 11, 2013

Is The Huffington Post Slipping A Little?

For the past few years, I've enjoyed reading the Huffington Post as a way to keep up on what's happening around the country and around the world. In fact. somwhere along the way it began referring to itself as a newspaper.

Lately, I've been noticing its fascination with inserting headlines teasing stories about "sideboob" and "wardrobe malfunctions" on almost a daily basis. To me it seemed like a crutch to attract a particular target audience. I viewed it as a crutch they could and probably should do without.

That brings me to today. Here is a sampling of headlines from the front page. Not the Entertainment Page or the Celebrity Page, but the Front Page.

 
PEEK-A-BOOB
Eva's Sideboob
Jennifer Lopez Shows Major Leg At The Grammys
PHOTOS: Alicia Keys Has MAJOR Underboob Moment
PHOTOS: Miley Cyrus Spills Out Of Her Dress
Charlize Theron Debuts Super Short Hair
 
And check this incorrect spelling, also a growing trend:
 
Tony Parker Leads Spurts Past Nets
 
 
Drop me a line with your thoughts @ BillyChicago44@gmail.com
 
 
I'll publish the results in a future post.